The coffee plant originated from the province of Kaffa in Ethiopia, but coffee has become a favorite worldwide.
And now there’s coffee essential oil! It gives you yet another way to enjoy coffee.
Coffee essential oil is derived from coffee beans, and coffee beans come from the coffee plant, known as Coffea arabica—which are some of the most sought-after plants in the world.
The constituents of coffee oil include linoleic acid, oleic acid and a composition of plant sterols.
Possible skin sensitivity. Consult your physician before use, especially if pregnant, nursing, taking medication or if you have a medical condition. Avoid eyes, mucous membranes, and sensitive skin. Keep out of reach of children.
3 Wonderful benefits of Coffee essential oil
Many know that Rosemary is a go-to for hair care, but did you know Coffee was great for hair growth? Caffeine has the ability to stimulate hair cell growth and counteract the suppression of hair growth in both men and women. We recommend adding a drop or two of Coffee to a dollop of shampoo/ conditioner and leaving it in during your shower. Be sure to rinse well.
A Substitute for Your Morning Cup
Pregnancy, hypertension and other health issues can lead to a restriction from drinking coffee. No worries! Coffee essential oil is regarded as being generally safe to diffuse and use topically despite these scenarios, so you can continue to enjoy coffee no matter what arises! Just check with your doctor beforehand. And if you want to enjoy coffee but your bedtime is nearing, you could drink decaf, or you could savor the delicious aroma of Coffee in a personal inhaler.
Coffee is known for its astringent flavor, but also its ability to act as a skin tightening astringent. Drinking coffee and applying the essential oil is a great way to reduce the appearance of cellulite and fine lines. Our recommendation is to make an exfoliating coffee scrub by combining 1 oz ground coffee, 1 oz Pomegrfanate carrier oil and 18 drops Coffee EO (6 drops if using on the face). Use a spoon to scoop out and scrub onto wet skin. Rinse well, and enjoy the results.
For topical, aromatherapy or dietary purposes.
COFFEE OIL USES:
- Use a drop of coffee essential oil as an infusion or to flavor beverages.
- Mixes well with other essential oils, such as patchouli, sandalwood, ylang-ylang or geranium rose oils
- Dilute a few drops with a carrier oil and massage into muscles or joints.
- Rub a drop on the palms of your hands and cover your nose and mouth and inhale.
- Add a drop to bathwater and enjoy!
- Add a drop of coffee essential oil to homemade chocolates, syrups or cakes.
- Add a few drops to a diffuser and enjoy—especially if you’re a coffee lover!
- Add to laundry for a delightful scent.
- Add a drop to DIY lotions, creams or other skin care products.