Ordering Quarters, Halves, Whole Beef
Timeline for ordering beef:
- Deposit for quarters of beef taken in advance: $100/quarter
- Harvest day: Beef is taken by truck
- Organ/other meats (heart, tongue, liver, tripe, oxtail) are only available this day direct from the mobile truck
- (Harvest+2 days): Hanging weights available – make arrangements for full payment
- (Harvest+17-20 days): Finish dry aging.
- All instructions for custom cuts must be given to processor before this time
- (Harvest+20-23 days): Cut and wrap complete – arrange pickup of packaged meat
- (Harvest+30-33 days): Sausage and processed meats compete – arrange separate pickup
If you ordered a quarter, what you will receive is commonly called a “split half.” Because, the cuts of meat in the front half differs dramatically from the back half, the cuts are evenly divided between the two to make it equal. Some custom cutting must be shared between those with each of the split quarters, including steak thickness and roast sizes. We will try to match quarters as much as possible, but can only guarantee every custom cut with full halves.
What will your beef cost?
The cost is by pound hanging weight and includes basic cut and mobile slaughter costs. The hanging weight is the weight of the carcass, before it is processed into individual cuts. Your take home weight of meat will be about 25%-35% less depending on how you have the meat cut. The biggest amount of loss is in water during the dry aging process – typical supermarket beef is wet aged and just holds more water that you are paying for. The next factor is how much bone material is taken off for your cuts.
|Matt’s Meats:|| 1255 Alabama St, Longview, WA 98632|
1415 NW Susbauer Rd, Cornelius, OR 97113
18241 Pendleton St Sw , Rochester, Washington 98589
Typical hanging weights: 100-150 lbs per quarter for young beef and 125-200 lbs for prime steer
The following sheet gives general cut and wrap instructions. You will need to contact the butcher if you have more specific instructions – they will have your order tagged after full payment is received.
A typical order for cut follows – Some changes can be made in cut thickness, and # per package – also a preference for more roasts or stew meat or grind (like putting round and chuck steak into stew meat and grind)
|Your Choice :||Choose from these:|
|Packaged steak||2 per pack||Packed for 2,3,4|
|Rib Steak||1″ Steaks||Steak/Prime Rib|
|Top Sirloin||1″ steaks||Specify thickness if different|
|Tri Tip||whole roast||whole/steak|
|Chuck||3/4″ steak + pot roast||pot roast/steak/grind|
|Top Round||3/4″ steak + rump roast||Steak/rump Roast/Tenderized steak/grind|
|Bottom round||3/4″ tenderized steak||Steak/Roast/Tenderized steak/grind|
|Ground Beef||1#||Package size: 1#, 1.5#, 2#|